TN-ASPA hosts the third lunchtime lecture in our Fall series on Education in Tennessee and Nashville. Rita McDonald will speak on the Nashville Chamber’s K-12 education initiatives.
- Who: Rita McDonald, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Topic: Nashville Chamber of Commerce K-12 Education Initiatives
- When: Thursday, November 19, 2015, 12 noon – 1 pm
- Where: UT Center for Industrial Services 2nd Floor Training Room 193 Polk Avenue, Nashville, TN (Parking available on-site, please park in the front of building and enter through the middle entrance under the “T”)
The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce has set improvement of public education as its number one priority. The Chamber focuses on helping metro public school students succeed and on getting the community and business leaders involved in public education. The Chamber has several K-12 education programs and initiatives, including the Education Report Card, Freshman Career Exploration Fairs, speaker series, and awards.
Rita McDonald, the Director of Community and Business Engagement in Education with the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, will speak on:
- Why public education is the Chamber’s #1 priority
- the Chamber’s major initiatives to improve public education
- the major challenges and opportunities in public education in Nashville
- the Chamber’s positions on key local and state public policy issues related to education
Lecture is FREE and open to the public.