Symposium on Gentrification:
When: Monday, June 1, 2015 from 2-3:30 pm (central time)
Where: The Center for Nonprofit Management
37 Peabody St. #201 in Nashville (parking available)
What: Interactive panel on the effects of gentrification in Nashville on housing and our communities with speakers from NashvilleNext, Nashville Organized for Action & Hope (NOAH), and Metropolitan Development & Housing Authority (MDHA).
- NashvilleNext is a collaboration between Metro and the Nashville community to create and plan for Nashville’s future over the next 25 years. View and comment on the plan here.
- NOAH is an interfaith, multi-racial community coalition focusing on issues affecting our city such as affordable housing, economic equity, and criminal justice.
- MDHA is the development and housing agency for Nashville-Davidson County that administers urban and community development projects, creates affordable housing opportunities, and supports revitalization efforts downtown and in Nashville neighborhoods.
Registration: Register to attend the event online using our Eventbrite page (click here).
- Students – $15
- ASPA-members (not seeking CPE credit) – $15
- Non-ASPA members (not seeking CPE credit) – $20
- ASPA-members (seeking CPE credit) – $20
- Non-ASPA members (seeking CPE credit) – $25
CPE Credit: One (1) hour of CPE credit is also available for attending the lecture. TN-ASPA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.